0

Senator Edwards - Oh! The Agony!

I turned on my signal light. Getting off I-90 had never been so depressing. "This son of a millworker's gonna be fine. Our job now is to make certain that America will be fine."

Two viable candidates remaining and I'm disappointed - not because they aren't worthy candidates, but because a great candidate has been sacrificed in order to plow down the issues of race and gender "so that the next generation will be able to step over these dead carcasses and begin to focus on the issues."

The necessity of overcoming these issues in such a drastic way has taken the place of issues.

I think this is why I was so in favor of Edwards because he wasn't running on a "I'm black" or "I'm a woman" ticket - he was running on issues that we as Americans face - or that we need to face and pay more heed to (i.e. poverty).

So long Mr. Edwards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment