0
While graduated life, for me, has not posed very frightening, there have been a number of choices that I have had to make and will continue to make.



The biggest choice thus far . . . the job.

I've decided to give myself a deadline. Noon. That's it. This is when I will tell my last boss that I'm either making the stupidest decision of my life or the greatest.
I was recently offered a job in Congressman Weldon's office. A month and a half ago I would have immediately jumped at the offer. Why am I not taking it? I know . . . an offer to work in the United States House of Representatives and I'M TURNING IT DOWN! My rage at myself continues to consume me!

Ugh.

Even though I have the utmost contempt for my decision right now, I try to console myself with the hope that going to Korea will be good for me. And, it really is. It isn't that I don't want to go to Korea - I really do. But I wish I could do both at the same time.

I've made a chart:

Korea-----------------------------------Washington
(+) Housing paid for . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(-) Housing necessary
(+) Airfare paid for . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(-) Airfare unpaid
(-) I can't speak the language
(-) Teaching English has nothing
to do with future career . . . . . . . . . . .(+) Somewhat related to career
(+) Learning the language will
advance career . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(-) What about Korean?
(-) Friends, what friends?. . . . . . . . . . (+) Wonderful friends
(+) Able to pay off loans . . . . . . . . . . . (-) Floundering in debt is not fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment