0

ㅋ~ㅋ~

For over ten years now I've been actively pursuing the Korean language. I say pursue because that's exactly what it is. Having been ten years, there are only two things to reasons why I haven't yet mastered it:



1) I'm no good.

2) It's stinkin' hard.



Regardless, I must say that my fondness for the Korean language has grown immensely. Something I've noticed about the Korean language is that each word is packed with meaning. When I hear Koreans speak, they're words are much more than just words - they are feelings.

I always find it interesting and find that I'm often jealous at how poetic and thoughtful Koreans are with what they say. Even insults are funnier in Korean.

I've been following a Korean Star Variety Show (basically a reality show with Korean models, singers and musicians) called We Got Married. In this show, two stars are paired together to fake a marriage for a few months. There's a couple that has been designated the Ant Couple because the "husband," Crown J looks like an ant. In an interview So Inyoung (the "wife") gets so frustrated because she tries to out-do Crown J's romantics - and never seems to be able to be more sweet or romantic than he is. So she says "이 사람은 네 모리 의에있구나" (roughly translated as "this person is always above my head" or this person is always a head above me).

It may just be that I am overly fascinated by the language. But, I'd like to attribute the richness of the language to Korea's long history and culture.

Regardless, I'm signing out with a phrase I just learned that sounds so much more fun in Korean.

"YingGuaEngBo SaPilGuiJung"
"What goes around comes around"

0 comments:

Post a Comment